ABOUT OUR BLUE-FRONTED AMAZON:
Pet World gets all of its Blue-Fronted Amazons from private breeders within the United States. All Blue-Fronted Amazons are hand-fed and hand raised from the moment they hatch. Image is for referrence only and does not represent a bird currently available at Pet World.
BLUE-FRONTED AMAZON FACTS:
- Blue-Fronted Amazons can live 40+ years & some can live up 100 years in captivity
- Blue-Fronted Amazons are also known as Turquoise-Fronted Amazon, Turquoise-Fronted Parrot and Blue-Fronted Parrot
- The blue-fronted amazon is a mainly green parrot. They have blue feathers on the forehead above the beak and yellow on the face and crown. Distribution of blue and yellow varies greatly among individuals. Unlike most other Amazona parrots, its beak is mostly black.
- While they are highly intelligent birds, they need enrichment and attention in captivity or they can become distressed; feather plucking is a common symptom.
- In captivity, it can eat sunflower seeds, bird pellets, a variety of fruits such as pears, orange, pomegranate, apple, and banana, and vegetables such as carrots, cooked sweet potato, celery, fresh kale, peas, and green beans