ABOUT OUR BLACK-HEADED CAIQUES:
Pet World gets all of its Black-headed Caiques from private breeders within the United States. All Black-headed Caiques are hand-fed and hand raised from the moment they hatch. Image is for referrence only and does not represent a bird currently available at Pet World.
BLACK-HEADED CAIQUE FACTS:
- Black-headed Caiques can live up to 30 years.
- Black-headed Caiques are also known as black-headed parrot, black-capped parrot or pallid parrot
- The black-headed parrot is a medium-small, short-tailed parrot with a black crown, yellow to orange head, whitish belly, yellow thighs and crissum (the area around the cloaca), green back, wings and upper tail, blue primaries (blackish from below), and greyish-black bill and feet.
- While they are highly intelligent birds, they need enrichment and attention in captivity or they can become distressed; feather plucking is a common symptom.
- In captivity, it can eat sunflower seeds, bird pellets, a variety of fruits such as pears, orange, pomegranate, apple, and banana, and vegetables such as carrots, cooked sweet potato, celery, fresh kale, peas, and green bean