ABOUT OUR BARE EYED COCKATOOS:
Pet World gets all of its Bare Eyed Cockatoos from private breeders within the United States. All Bare Eyed Cockatoos are hand-fed and hand raised from the moment they hatch. Image is for referrence only and does not represent a bird currently available at Pet World.
BARE EYED COCKATOO FACTS:
- Bare Eyed Cockatoos live on average 40-60 years
- Bare Eyed Cockatoos are also known as Little Corellas ans Short-Billed Corellas
- Bare Eyed Cockatoos are known for being fun, clownish, goofy, and all-around entertaining. They are very friendly and make great family pets. They are also one of the better talkers of the Cockatoos and also tend to be more talented as well.
- While they are highly intelligent birds, they need enrichment and attention in captivity or they can become distressed; feather plucking is a common symptom.
- In captivity, it can eat sunflower seeds, bird pellets, a variety of fruits such as pears, orange, pomegranate, apple, and banana, and vegetables such as carrots, cooked sweet potato, celery, fresh kale, peas, and green beans