ABOUT OUR BLACK-CAPPED CONURES:
Pet World gets all of its Black-capped conures from private breeders within the United States. All Black-capped conures are hand-fed and hand raised from the moment they hatch. Image is for referrence only and does not represent a bird currently available at Pet World.
BLACK-CAPPED CONURE FACTS:
- Black-capped conures can live up to 30 years
- Black-capped conures are also known as black-capped parakeet and rock conure
- Black-capped conures are mostly green with a dark brown-black cap, whitish scaly neck and breast, red wing coverts (upper, not lower - along leading edge) and a black beak. The breast feathers are dark with light tips, rather than the opposite.
- While they are highly intelligent birds, they need enrichment and attention in captivity or they can become distressed
- In captivity, it can eat sunflower seeds, bird pellets, a variety of fruits such as pears, orange, pomegranate, apple, and banana, and vegetables such as carrots, cooked sweet potato, celery, fresh kale, peas, and green beans