ABOUT OUR CHERRY-HEADED CONURES:
Pet World gets all of its Cherry-headed conures from private breeders within the United States. All Cherry-headed conures are hand-fed and hand raised from the moment they hatch. Image is for referrence only and does not represent a bird currently available at Pet World.
CHERRY-HEADED CONURE FACTS:
- Cherry-headed conures can live up to 30 years
- Cherry-headed conures are also known as red-masked parakeet and red-headed conure
- They are bright green with a mostly red head on which the elongated pale eye-ring is conspicuous; the nape is green. Also, the lesser and median underwing coverts are red, and there is some red on the neck, the thighs, and the leading edge of the wings.
- While they are highly intelligent birds, they need enrichment and attention in captivity or they can become distressed
- In captivity, it can eat sunflower seeds, bird pellets, a variety of fruits such as pears, orange, pomegranate, apple, and banana, and vegetables such as carrots, cooked sweet potato, celery, fresh kale, peas, and green beans